Yesterday we were invited to go to Glebe Public School, and participate in the National Simultaneous Storytime. This annual campaign aims to encourage more young Australians to read and enjoy books. Now in its 17th successful year it is a colourful, vibrant, fun event that aims to promote the value of reading and literacy using an Australian children’s book that explores age appropriate themes, and addresses key learning areas of the National Curriculum for Grades F to 6 and the pre-school Early Learning Years Framework.
About National Simultaneous Storytime:
Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places around the country. This year the chosen book is “The Cow tripped over the moon”
By facilitating National Simultaneous Storytime we aim to;
- promote the value of reading and literacy;
- promote the value and fun of books;
- promote an Australian writer and publisher;
- promote storytime activities in public libraries and communities around the country;
- provide opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, the media and others to participate in and enjoy the occasion.