Our centre is famous for the yummy and healthy food that Asrini, our qualified chef cooks in site every day.
On Tuesday our children and staff ate potaje for lunch.
Potaje is a traditional dish from Spain. In Spain the potaje is a bean stew (usually chickpeas) prepared with vegetables. Do you know how to cook vegetarian potaje for children? At Amigoss we have our own recipe!
POTAJE FOR CHILDREN
– 500 ml water
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– 3 carrots
– 2 medium potatoes
– 1 cup chopped spinach
– 1 red pepper
– 4 cups chickpeas (You must soak both the chickpeas for about 24 hours).
– 1 spoon Paprika
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion and the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the carrots, the potatoes, the red pepper and the spinach. Sautee everything for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and pour 500ml of water.
- Add a spoon of paprika
- Put the lid on and cook for 45 minutes