Our centre is famous for the yummy and healthy food that our chef cooks in site every day.
Today our children and staff have eaten lentil soup for lunch. Do you know the benefits of eating lentil soup?
- Lower Cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of heart disease, because lentils are a great source of magnesium.
- Prevents constipation and other digestive disorders
- Good Source of protein
- Increases energy
- Low in Calories
The origin of the lentil soup recipe is said to have its roots in Greece. During the Neolithic period, the cultivation of lentils took place in Greece, Egypt and Bulgaria. The Greeks ate lentils in the form of soup.
Do you know how to cook lentil soup for children? At Amigoss we have our own recipe!
LENTIL SOUP FOR CHILDREN RECIPE (4 serving)
– 1 Tablespoons olive oil
– 1 onion
– 2 carrots
– 2 stalks celery
– 1 can chopped tomatoes
– 2 gloves Australian garlic
– 1 Tablespoons fresh parsley
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 1 cup of beans
– 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
– 450g potatoes
– 1 Lamb Loin chopped (300 g)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Cook the onion for 5 minutes. Add the celery, carrot and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lamb and cook until browned. Add the tomato and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the lentils and the potatoes and cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the peas, the beans and the parsley and cover for another 15 minutes.
Enjoy your meal! ¡Buen Provecho!